Friday, March 21, 2008

SOME GOOD TO COME OUT OF MINDLESS TV VIEWING:


Now, I refuse to believe that I'm the only 21-year-old who enjoys the occasional teen melodrama. If nothing else, it helps us relive our far less dramatic high school glory days, and we can all at least recognize what the likes of the O.C. did for indie music. That being said, I won't specifically mention WHICH particular teen melodrama led me to discover Grace Potter and the Nocturnals' track "Apologies," off the band's latest release, This Is Somewhere - I'll just be thankful for my slightly pathetic guilty pleasures. The song also managed to pass the test of standing out among all of the tears, slapping, and making out (likely during the same scene) - an impressive feat.

Incidentally, and I might be alone in this, the drawn out "craaazy" in the song somehow reminds me of the chorus of "Bette Davis Eyes" - and if that's not a good enough reason to like a song, I don't know what is.


"Apologies" (Grace Potter and the Nocturnals)




2 comments:

SP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SP said...

COUGHonetreehillCOUGH