Saturday, June 21, 2008

ACRONYMS MAKE ME... ROFL.

Whether they're tried and true abbrevs. of our vernacular or specifically catered to online chatting, acronyms have made the ultimate crossover... to song titles. Here are several many clever song title acronyms (and yet another reason for me to assemble an incongruous mix).



"U.R.A.Q.T." - M.I.A.
...this is so acronym-tastic that it's the inspiration behind this post as a whole.


"F.U.S.S." - Christina Aguilera
...an acronym that has a significance to really only Xtina, alone, but it's one of the most clever ways to say "fuck you" to a well known, established record producer. Still waiting on Scott Storch's rebuttal, though...


"G.O.D." - Common feat. Cee-Lo
..."Gaining One's Definition" is one of the most existential rap songs I've ever heard. Leave it to Common, I guess.


"T.B.T.F." - Broken Social Scene Presents Kevin Drew
...talk about T.M.I. about Drew and Feist! Though, I guess that's his prerogative, since - as far as I'm concerned - his solo efforts are 394839304x better than his girlfriend's.


"X.Y.U." - Smashing Pumpkins
...more to do with phonetics than an actual acronym, but "X.Y.U." ("Ex, Why You..." if you will) is one of the reasons why I ignore Billy Corgan's megalomania and still find the incredible talent behind the Pumpkins.

No comments: