Saturday, June 7, 2008

THE AGE OLD SONG

Not gone... just resting!
Normally, the 'hiatus' warning is done BEFORE the poster goes AWOL, unfortunately I didn't anticipate such an absence from here... finals turn into graduation, graduation turns into moving, moving turns into wallowing in my parents' basement. The good news is... I now have all the time in the world to listen to whatever/whomever.

The downside of all of this time away is I've missed lots of goodies. The major bits being the viral releases by both Coldplay and Nine Inch Nails... with a prospective release by Girl Talk on the way. As a result, I thought I'd just add a couple of miscellaneous items, here and there, in a little something I like to call: the Potpourri post. Basically, it's what I've been feeling/listening to in our time apart, and is in no way restricted to new releases. On to what will make for the motliest assortment of tags in blogger history...


"Corona Radiata" (NIИ
)
...somehow, I always end up liking Reznor's songs better when they have no lyrics (with the exception of "Hurt").

"Viva La Vida" (Coldplay)
...normally, I try and refrain from liking the song AFTER it's a widely popular iTunes commercial, but this is cold(play) classic and is too good not to be mentioned.

"Rockferry" (Duffy)
...it's like just when I think the Brit singer/songwriter combo has been perfected, a less screwed up/more talented version comes along. I'm not sure if I can, in good conscience, admit to liking Duffy MORE THAN Adele... but she's definitely a newer Amy Winehouse model - with the kinks worked out.

"Say Goodbye to Love" (Kenna feat. Lupe Fiasco)
...this is the closest I've ever heard hip hop come to new wave.

"Evident Utensil" (Chairlift)
...singing along to this song might be the most fun a person can have while driving. Trust me.

"You Could Not Decide" (French Kicks)
...I actually heard this song on a 'Lite [insert high 90's radio frequency]' station the other day. I damn near swerved off the road.

"Subterranean Homesick Blues" (Bob Dylan)
...there's nothing like a little Dylan when you're in a post-college graduation/pre-rest-of-your-life funk.

"California Dreaming" (Mamas and the Papas)
...I actually have no regional affiliation to California, especially LA, so I think the only explanation for my recent fascination is the fact that every other channel on TV now runs the 'TimeLife Flower Power' collection infomercial.



4 comments:

SP said...

I liked the old background.
But I missed you, so I'll take it.

RS said...

by "liked the old background," you mean: "this skeletor lady scares me," right?

i'll shop around for something new, and get your approval before putting it up.

Victoria Claire said...

I think you might also be liking CA Dreaming because of the excellent excellent technomixsingalong at the "last chance dance." Right? Riiiight

mimi said...

i love the selection
love the dylan song
love the coldplay song