Saturday, April 26, 2008

MARTIN SHEEN FEATURING SISSY SPACEK

Since it's not really prudent to go into the excess typing/gushing my 'love of Justin' proclamation requires (let's just say I'm too old to behave in the manner I do), I'll just dive right into the personal victory I felt when I first discovered that he was working with THE Madonna. I basically used that piece of knowledge as a big fat "boo-yah!" to everyone I knew who had spent the past *mutters embarrassingly large number* of years trying to dissuade me of his legitimacy. Also, after watching the video below - I can't help the warm, fuzzy feelings I get from seeing Madonna act like an annoyed babysitter to Justin's obnoxious three-year-old. It's endearing, I swear...



Now, I know there are several people who are not yet convinced that Madonna's latest album is worth the time/effort/hoopla befitting of anything she releases (there's probably a terrible joke embedded in there somewhere...). For a song featuring Justin, it even took ME a few listens to fully get behind "4 Minutes..." but I think that's largely attributable to the Timbaland/Beat Club charm (I vaguely remember feeling that way with "SexyBack"). I will admit that songs like "Candy Shop" had me on the fence about the new Madonna album, but after hearing some of the newly leaked tracks, I have to say... the melodies actually seems pretty reminiscent of her
Immaculate Collection era stuff, especially songs like "She's Not Me" and "Give It 2 Me" - just with a Timbaland/Pharrell twist. "Miles Away" is a pretty fair indication of the direction of the album.



"Miles Away" (Madonna)

No comments: