Monday, April 7, 2008

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I TYPE "DIGITAL" INTO MY ITUNES SEARCH?

I get...
- about 39849048 covers of "Digital Love" (it goes without being mentioned that the original comes up, too)
- the Girl Talk DP/Rick Ross mash-up ("Digital Hustlin")
- "Digital Get Down" by *NSYNC ...I implore anyone to tell me that isn't a MUST for a proper music library
- "Pogo" by Digitalism

The last on the list is by far my recent favorite (of course I'm just waiting for the day that *NSYNC reclaims its lead). I remember during one late night tv session, I flipped to the nyctv channel. They were showing the video for "Pogo," and I remember (a) being dizzy... and, (b) thinking it was too good of a song to pass up. About 4 seconds after the song came on, the channel cut to an interview with Yeasayer, where they bashed the hell out of the spinning room video. If you can get a bunch of Williamsburg hipsters to talk shit about your video on the closest thing that New York City has to public access tv for a young demographic, then you've got to be worth a spin in my book.


"Pogo" (Digitalism)

No comments: